Wednesday, April 3, 2013

LaCie RAID Ethernet connection in Ubuntu?

Challenge made by Jaguar: Connecting a LACIE RAID Ethernet To Ubuntu?

I have a big Lacie Raid and I can easily access it through my imacs and macbooks through “connect to server” option but I’m not able to connect it through my linux computers.


I’ve installed the latest Ubuntu desktop; jaunty jackalope. I’ve followed every step i’ve found on the net but I couldn’t be able to connect yet. Please give some detailed advice.


This may be everything about Connecting a LACIE RAID Ethernet To Ubuntu? that you might wish to clear up dilemmas ourselves. Simply it will help in several ways… and produce the way you live better. Who wish everything about Connecting a LACIE RAID Ethernet To Ubuntu? can certainly be a solution when you need it.

Best answer:


Answer by robert_loyd

Hello Ubuntu User,


I am a Debian User.

I will assume that you have already been to the Ubuntu Forums @ http://ubuntuforums.org/ for the best Ubuntu issue’s and answer’s.

Thus I am wondering if you have tried the simple wicd package?

What packages have you tried to use to connect with?

Because usually you just connect the cable, and go.


Fully grasp better?

Add all your answer for the comments!


Minecraft Survival Server. For server information browse to http://www.keralis.net. Many of you might not know that there is an actual World of Keralis – Sur…


server: layout


Image by just server: layout


awesome little machine, but one noisy mother!


cpu: 2ghz amd x64 am2 (30 ‘c running temp)

drives: 2x 1tb wd green sata (linked as raid 1, ubuntu 8.04 lts server)

memory: 2x 2gb corsair sticks (lots of processing)


all in all total power usage: 0.37amps max


co-location will only accept it if i bring the thing below 0.5amps, so big big win here!


LaCie RAID Ethernet connection in Ubuntu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive