Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How to use an FTP client to transfer files between two PC?

Problem merely by Jyoti: How to transfer files between Two PCs using FTP Client?

I wonder how to transfer files between two PCs. Actually, I have a Laptop running FileZilla, I want to transfer files from my Cousin’s PC. I have tried many times, each time error shows:

“Connection Timed out. Can not connect to server”.

Please help me out. Is there anything I am missing here, please let me know.


Truly is tips on How to transfer files between Two PCs using FTP Client? that you may possibly require to resolve conditions on their own. With some luck , it will help in several ways; and will make everything much better. Needing tips on How to transfer files between Two PCs using FTP Client? can be the very best in the long run.

Best answer:


Answer by scott b

It depends on the OS. But if it’s a windows OS, the the receiving computer has to have the FTP service running, a directory setup for it, and FTP server and IIS setup and running


http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-an-Ftp-Server-on-Windows-Xp-Professional


As an example. Or google setting up an FTP server for your OS..


Do know a lot better?

Leave your own answer with the comments!


This video looks at how to configure a file server. This includes the new features included in windows server 2008 R2 and older features like DFS and offline…


server farm


Visual because of server farm


For all of those who thought I’d fallen off the planet, I’m sorry…Still here, hanging in… Even if I don’t comment, I still look, and you know what? You guys take AWESOME pictures…:))


Work has been a little crazy the last week or so, …had a key developer resign, financial year end for large portion of our customers, and just HAD to get the server farm up and sorted.


Meet Vader and Enterprise. Vader runs a 2003 terminal server for secure remote access to the accounting system, and a SQL 2000 development server, both virtualised in VMWare Server on SuSe 10.1. Enterprise runs SQL 2005 for the accounting system, the public FTP site, Fax and Print server and BACKUP(!) services transfer files client between How to use an FTP client to transfer files between two PC? techkowns blogspot com ) on a stripped version of XP Pro (what I call XP Server …lol!)


Some guys could have knocked this lot together in a few hours. Took me a while longer…:(


How to use an FTP client to transfer files between two PC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive