Thursday, April 4, 2013

Why does not respond to my web browser, while my site is that you can Ping?


Dilemma created by Ziggy Stardust: Why is it that I can PING a site even when it’s not responding to my Web browser?

Sometimes when I go on this cool adoptables site called Squiby, it says “Cannot connect to the server” or “The server is taking too long to respond”. Yet when I open the command prompt and ping it, it responds in mere milliseconds. What’s up with that? Doesn’t “taking too long to respond” after waiting and waiting, mean the *server* shouldn’t be responding?


It will be facts to consider about Why is it that I can PING a site even when it’s not responding to my Web browser? that you might need to have to resolve troubles ourselves. With a little luck this will help to in many ways… and build yourself greater. Desiring facts to consider about Why is it that I can PING a site even when it’s not responding to my Web browser? may just be an alternative in the coming years.

Solution:


Answer by Jess

There are usually other parts to a web site other than the part that answers the request itself. the problem might be in the application part of the site which runs on a database server behind their firewall. if the database is not working properly or bogged down and too slow the web server (the part that is up and replying to your pings) will respond but it won’t have the data from the database needed to make up a web page for you. so you get that “taking too long to respond” message. hope that helps


Be sure a lot better?

Add your special answer on the comments!


How to Setup Filezilla FTP Server by Britec Upload and download files on your home PC from anywhere by turning it into a personal FTP server. With a home FTP…


Server Room


Snapshot basically by Server Room


I threw over 40 pictures of bits of our server room at autostich and this is what it threw back! I was able to acheive more userfull results with fewer pictures.



Why does not respond to my web browser, while my site is that you can Ping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive