Saturday, March 30, 2013

How the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to connect to the server?

Predicament created by Psybuck: How do i connect to server on Microsoft SQL Server 2005?

I have just installed Microsoft SQL Server 2005. When I start the Server Management Studio, it displays a “Connect to Server” dialog box. I have tried my best to connect to the serevr, but i dont know which server the programming is asking to connect to. I am assuming it’s a local server that is set up on my machine since the setup required me to install Windows IIS, but i have no idea how to connect to it.


I tried using all the options available at the “Connect to Server” dialog, but i am still unable to connect to a server. What should I do? I am frustrated and i need to use this software pronto, since i have assignments and deadlines to complete for my Enterprise Computing course.


Truly is regarding How do i connect to server on Microsoft SQL Server 2005? you may ought to resolve complications for themselves. Preferably this’ll help in lots of ways… in order to make your life far better. Wishing regarding How do i connect to server on Microsoft SQL Server 2005? can certainly be a method down the line.

Optimum solution:


Answer by agbrisco

When you installed SQL 2005, did you make sure to set up the local database? When installing, you can install the client tools only… or server and client. You want server and client.


In doing so, it will create a local DB for you. When you open up the SQL Express window, you can then connect to the local DB.


Figure out much better?

Add your ultimate answer to the comments!


This video demonstrates how to install Microsoft Sql Server 2008 Management Studio express on Windows 7.


Server Rack


Reputation merely by Server Rack


all of our main system servers powering the NSoE


How the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to connect to the server?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive